International Students

Dear International Student:

Thank you for your interest in Chipola College. Currently Chipola College is pleased to offer Associate in Arts (transfer) or Associate in Science (vocational) degrees along with several certificate programs. Additionally, the college is pleased to offer Bachelor degrees in selected programs. The college received its accreditation from the Southern Association of Schools and Colleges and classes transfer to upper level colleges and universities.

International students must submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).  Chipola will accept a minimum TOEFL score of 525 for the paper/pencil test, 195 for the computerized test or 70 for the internet-based test as proof of sufficient knowledge of the English language.  The test is available through the Educational Testing Service, Box 6151, Princeton, New Jersey, 08641.

Please complete the International Admissions Packet forms consisting of:

Return the completed forms to the Registrar/Admissions Office with the one-time fee of $100 that must be included with the applications. For those students who are out of the country, an I-20 form will be prepared and sent to you. You will need to take the form to the U.S. Embassy nearest to you for the Student VISA.

Upon arrival in this country, you must contact the Registrar/Admissions staff. The date you will start school is indicated in item 5 on your I-20. However, you are required to complete testing and registration prior to that date.

For transfer students from schools in the U.S., you are required to complete the admissions packet and pay the one time fee of $100. Also, please bring your current I-20 form and passport, proof of high school graduation and a transcript from your previous school(s). If you received the new bar-coded I-20, you must tell your current school that you are transferring. A new I-20 may not be issued until that is completed.

Due to changes in Immigration law, B2 Visitor VISA can no longer be changed to student status without "Prospective Student" being stamped on your I-94 Arrival document. Until you have received approval of the change you may not begin classes. It will take at least 90 days for processing.

All students must provide proof of high school graduation to be eligible for admissions. Chipola College requires verification from World Education Services (WES) of Standard High School Diploma and verification of college credit.    If you have graduated from a university in your country, Chipola College may accept those credits after the transcript has been translated into English and evaluated by World Education Services.  You can apply for verification with WES at

If you are transferring from another U.S. institution, you will need to inform your school of your intention to transfer.  Your current school's international advisor must determine that you are eligible to transfer (for immigration purposes) and, if so, will enter the transfer into the SEVIS system, with a release date.  After the SEVIS transfer release date, Chipola College can issue a new I-20 or DS-2019 Form for you. Please note the following:

  • If you leave the U.S. before beginning classes at Chipola, you must re-enter using the I-20 or DS 2019 Form issued by Chipola, and you will not be able to re-enter more than 30 days before the program start date.
  • Students transferring to Chipola to begin a program of studies in the summer term must enroll full-time. Contact the Office of Admissions and Records for the specific number of credit hours required.

Transfer students must contact the Admissions and Records Office within 15 days of the program start date listed on the new SEVIS Form I-20 or DS-2019.  The transfer of the I-20 or DS-2019 Form will not be complete until this office updates your address and registration in the SEVIS system, notes the transfer completion on the I-20 Form, and notifies SEVIS of your enrollment.

Housing is not available on campus and at this time Chipola College does not provide housing services.

Chipola College requires all students in F or J Visa categories to have health and accident insurance at a minimum amount of coverage:  $200,000 for covered injuries and/or illnesses, $10,000 for medical evacuation, and $10,000 for repatriation in the event of tragedy.

Most insurance plans do not provide 100% coverage and typically require a deductible (a set amount or a percentage of the cost) to be paid by the student.  If you already have insurance that you believe meets the requirement, bring or fax your policy and an English translation to the Office of Admission and Records to determine if it does.  International students will not be permitted to register for classes until they show proof of valid health insurance.

Work is not permitted without prior authorization from the INS. If you work without authorization you will violate your nonimmigrant (F-1) status.

Please contact any one of us for further information pertaining to your enrollment.


Dr. Jayne Roberts

Jayne Roberts, Ed.D
Vice President of Student Affairs
Chipola College

Check List:
___  1. Application for Admission
___  2. Financial Ability Form
___  3. Check for $100 (Application Fee and International Fee)
___  4. University Transcript (translated)
___  5. High School Transcript (translated)
___  6. Medical Insurance (to be submitted upon arrival in U.S.)
___  7. TOEFL Scores
___  8. Verification from World Education Services (WES) of Standard High School Diploma and verification of college credit.  You can apply for verification with WES at



Chipola College is dedicated to the concept of equal opportunity. The college will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, or marital status, or against any qualified individual with disabilities, in its employment practices or in the admission and treatment of students. Recognizing that sexual harassment constitutes discrimination on the basis of sex and violates this rule, the college will not tolerate such conduct.